What services are available?
- Starting or repeat prescription of contraceptive pills
- Starting or repeat prescription of the contraceptive injection
- Assessing and managing coil and implant problems.
- Assessing and managing current contraception problems.
- Emergency contraception
- Diagnosis and treatment of the majority of sexually transmitted infections
in people with symptoms.
- Investigation and treatment of sudden onset pelvic and testicular pain
- Investigation and treatment of genital ulcers
- Sexual Assault Care
- Abortion care
- HIV care
How can I access these services?
- Call 01633 431709
- Consultations over the telephone
- Monday – Friday 0900-1630
- Appointments given for face to face consultations and medication pick up in Bargoed /Newport / Cwmbran
- Service runs 5 days a week
What about my coil or implant – they have run out?
- The Jaydess hormonal coil will not work for contraception beyond 3 years. The 5 year Mirena/Levosert hormonal coil (IUS) will work for contraception up to 6 years
- The 10 year copper coil (IUD) will work for contraception up to 12 years
- The progesterone only Implant will work for contraception up to 4 years
- These recommendations are evidenced based, however if you would like to rely on another form of contraception until you have them changed, we can offer you a contraceptive pill.