Food is an amazing way to bring people together.
Cooking and eating food doesn’t have to be a chore – instead, it should be an enjoyable experience, particularly when shared with others.
Here are some simple ideas for making eating well a social activity:
- Try out a new recipe with your loved ones – get children involved in cooking to teach them valuable food preparation skills.
- Join a local food community group through your local IWN network. Make new friends and try new foods at the same time!
- Catching up with an old friend? Cook at home and share a meal together.
- Pick a day each week to try out a new food or dish together with your family.
- Try out some volunteering at a local food bank or community kitchen. You can find local opportunities available through your nearest IWN.
You may also like to take a look at our section on Moving More Together, with local sports clubs, group activities and more to discover through your local Integrated Wellbeing Network.