Welcome to the Adult Speech and Language Therapy department. We work across the whole of the Health Board supporting people in hospital, in outpatients and sometimes in their homes.
Adult Speech and Language Therapists provide assessment, treatment, support and education to adults who may have:
- eating, drinking and swallowing problems (known as Dysphagia)
- difficulty communicating following stroke
- neurological impairments such as Parkinson and Motor Neuron Disease.
- head, neck and throat Cancer
- voice difficulties
- a need for Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) devices
- ….and much more!