The information below provides links to useful resources which will help you support your mental health and well-being, and the mental health and well-being of the people you work with and/or support. These resources have been identified by the Community Wellbeing Information Group (CWIG). CWIG was convened by the Mental Health & Learning Disabilities Division in response to the well-being challenges arising as a result of COVID-19.
If you are an employee of the Health Board you will find more information on the Employee Well-being Service Intranet page.
Looking after your own mental health and well-being
For advice, information and resources on promoting and protecting your own mental health and well-being, including bereavement and crisis support, then please visit the Health Board’s Road to Well-being Internet page.
Resources for the general public
- Useful self-help information advice and resources, including crisis support, visit the Health Board’s Road to Well-being Internet page.
- Useful information on Bereavement support
- Information on coronavirus and mental wellbeing, visit Mind
- Information on staying well at home from the Public Health Wales website: Staying Well at Home
- Directory of helpful community organisations - Community Resources
Resources to support children, young people and families
- Mindfulness and parenting
- Coronavirus slides for children
- UNICEF- how to talk to your child about coronavirus
- Drs Chris and Xand
A book being promoted by the World Health Organisation and available in multiple languages- My hero is you
Gwent Community Well-being Group (CWIG) Resource Packs
These resource packs include information, resources and downloadable posters on a range of topics. They have been compiled and quality assured by the Community Well-being Information Group:
- CWIG 10 including Information relating to Men's Mental Health Week
- CWIG 9 including Information on individuals who have a diagnosis of ASD and people whose lives are affected by a problem with gambling
- CWIG 8 including Information on Suicide Prevention, Alcohol Abuse, Helping Your Child Adapt and Promoting Well-being
- CWIG 7 including Information on Five Ways to Well-being, wellbeing during pregnancy, and a perinatal toolkit
- CWIG 8 including Information on compassionate leadership, and bereavement for people with a learning disability
- CWIG 5 including Information on domestic abuse, promoting wellbeing and resilience, a free stress control course and COVID-19 myth-busting
- CWIG 4 including Information on compassionate communication, supporting people with learning disabilities, supporting older adults and people living with dementia
Reports and Guidance on Mental Health during COVID-19
- UK Government guidance for the public on mental health and well-being
- World Health Organisation report on mental health and psychological considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Psychology Tools UK report on how to live with worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty
- Inter-Agency Standing Committee Interim Briefing Note: Addressing Mental Health and Psychological Aspects of COVID-19 outbreak